Guide Lines and Procedures
- N-95 Masks must be worn with every Patient
- Before going to your stop to x-ray patient see notes in MM
- If patient notes say Pos for COVID-19 you must ware full PPE gear
- If patient notes say patients has signs and symptoms of COVID-19 you must ware full PPE gear
- If notes Say NO signs and symptoms only N-95 mask is ok Please use your own discretion
- To protect your X-ray cassette use a plastic bag or ask for a clean pillow case
- Before a X-ray is performed you must instruct any one in the house hold that they have to be 6 feet away from u and the x-ray machine, Family members, Nurse aids
- Ask if they have a face mask for the patient, if not use a scarf, towel or any think to cover there face, Please do not do x-ray without something over patient face
- Use disinfection wipes provides to you as much as you can.
- When removing the mask, hold the edge of the straps attached to take off the N95 mask. Your hands may be contaminated at this time – don’t touch the inside part of the respirator. Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds afterward.
After your Shift
(1) After your shift and before going into your house spray VIREX 11 256 on anything you touch in the company truck let sit.
(2) Spray your shoes and id badge with virex 256
(3) Take all clothes off and put in washing machine, then shower
Rotate your masks, use different mask for each patient
Keep N95 masks away from UV light / sunlight.
Use surgical mask over n-95 mask
Put on 2 pairs of gloves just in case one gets dirty
Use wipes as much as u can
If your respirator is damaged or if breathing becomes difficult, you should remove the respirator, discard it properly, and replace it with a new one. To safely discard your N95 respirator, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the trash. Wash your hands after handling the used respirator.
Spray entire machine X-ray machine with virex 256 after each patient
Virex must stay on surface for 10 min to work so by the next stop should be good
Radiology Lessons for Coronavirus From the SARS and MERS Epidemics
IMPORTANTANT Information for those on the frontline using N-95 Masks
Instruction Video on the P-100 respirator